These plants have incredible foliage patterns and are widely preferred for their vivid leaves and beautiful blooms. These amazing perennials are appropriate for any gardens!
- These plants grow best in partial shade. They can also be grown in full shade but this often slows down the rate of their growth.
- The bright and vibrant colors of these plants may fade under strong sun and hence a partial shade is advisable.
- They should ideally be planted in spring or in the beginning of fall for best growth.
- These plants should be planted in well-drained soil that has neutral pH ranging from 6-7.
- For a bountiful leaf production, you should get rid of the stalks once the flowers have completely bloomed.
- To prevent frost heaving in winters, it is advisable to mulch the soil at regular intervals. Spread mulch around the plant, NOT on top of it!